Town Manager's Office
The Town Manager’s office is in Town Hall, which is located on South Main Street in the heart of Weaverville. The Administration of the Town of Weaverville is dedicated to providing the citizens of Weaverville with quality customer service and to always seek innovative approaches to solving concerns of residents with the most cost effective means. The Administrative Staff is composed of professional services, planning and zoning, utility billing, tax collection, and finance. The Town Hall staff serves residents in regards to water bills, zoning and planning matters, fishing licenses, Lake Louise picnic table rentals, all by providing top of the line friendly customer service.
A Message from the Town Manager
I would like to thank you for visiting our Town’s website. I hope that the information that you find here is helpful and answers any questions that you may have about our great little Town. If you have visited Weaverville, I hope that you enjoyed your trip. If you are planning a visit, I hope this site will give you the information that you need to plan your visit.
If you are a resident, property owner, or business owner here in Weaverville I hope that you have found the information that you were looking for on this site. I want you to know that I am here to answer any questions or to help solve an issue about Town services. If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me.
If you are a business owner looking for somewhere to relocate or expand your business, Western North Carolina is a great and wonderful place to live and the Town of Weaverville is in the heart of the area. We are a small town, but we have big city services and would love to talk with you about relocating to our area. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Selena D. Coffey, MPA, ICMA-CM
Town of Weaverville
About the Town Manager’s Office
Weaverville uses the council-manager form of government, under which elected Town Council members are the community leaders and policy makers who establish a vision for the Town and who hire the Town Manager to carry out policy and ensure that all residents are equitably served. The manager coordinates the work of department heads and other employees who work to ensure the smooth delivery of Town services to all residents, businesses, and visitors. The Town Manager’s primary responsibility is to keep the Town running smoothly.
To be successful, complex local government operations require strong leadership, policy development, a relentless focus on execution and positive results, a commitment to transparent and ethical government, and a strategy for representing and engaging every segment of the community. The Town Manager:
- Works with elected officials as the develop policies. The manager may discuss problems and recommendations, propose new plans, or discuss issues that affect the community and its residents.
- Ensures that laws and policies approved by the Town Council are equitably enforced throughout the Town.
- Develops recommendations for new programs indicating scope, cost, and impact for consideration by the Town Council.
- Seeks feedback from residents, members of the business community, and visitors to address and solve problems.
- Prepares the annual budget, submits it to the Town Council for approval and implements it once it is approved.
- Supervises the department heads, other employees, and top appointees.
- Investigate citizen complaints and problems within the administrative organization and recommends changes to the Town Council.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Town
To contact Town Manager Selena Coffey, please call 828-645-7116 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.