The December 2019 e-Focus is now published here: https://conta.cc/2R7HPuB
Download official Advertisement for Bids (.pdf) here:
SECTION 001113 – ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
WEAVERVILLE COMMUNITY CENTER 001113 – 1
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
1.1 PROJECT INFORMATION
A. Notice to Bidders: Bidders may submit bids for project as described in this Document. Submit bids according to the Instructions to Bidders.
1. Regulatory Requirements: All applicable laws, ordinances, and the rules and regulations of all authorities having jurisdiction over and funding of the construction of the Project shall govern submittal, opening, and award of bids.
B. Project Identification: Weaverville Community Center
1. Project Location: 60 Lakeshore Drive, Weaverville, N.C. 28787
2. Owner: Town of Weaverville, 30 South Main Street, Weaverville, N.C. 28787
3. Owner’s Representative: Selena Coffey, Town Manager, Town of Weaverville; Office Phone: 828-645-7116; Address: 30 South Main Street, Weaverville, N.C. 28787; Email: [email protected]
C. Architect: Legerton Architecture, P.A.; Email: [email protected]; Office phone: 828-251-9125; Address: 21 North Liberty Street, Asheville, NC 28801
D. Project Description: Project consists of new construction of a 1-story wood frame building of approximately 7,082 heated square feet and approximately 885 square feet of outdoor covered terrace space, Interior spaces include a community room, prep kitchen, museum space, a multipurpose room, and other ancillary spaces including main lobby, gallery corridor, storage,
restrooms, and mechanical areas. Site work includes a new parking lot for approximately 44 cars and a new gravel fines walking trail approximately 600 ft long.
E. Construction Contract: Bids will be received for the following Work:
1. General Contract (all trades).
1.2 BID SUBMITTAL AND OPENING
A. Owner will receive sealed lump sum bids until the bid time and date at the location given below. Owner will consider bids prepared in compliance with the Instructions to Bidders issued by Owner, and delivered as follows:
1. Bid Date: Wednesday, January 22, 2019.
2. Bid Time: 2:00 p.m., local time.
3. Location: Town of Weaverville Town Hall Council Room, 30 South Main Street, Weaverville, N.C. 28787
B. Bids will be thereafter publicly opened and read aloud.
1.3 BID SECURITY
A. Bid security shall be submitted with each bid in the amount of 5 percent of the bid amount. No bids may be withdrawn for a period of 60 days after opening of bids. Owner reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to waive informalities and irregularities.
1.4 PRE-BID MEETING
A. Mandatory Pre-Bid Meeting: A mandatory Pre-bid Meeting for all bidders will be held at the Town of Weaverville Fire Department Training Room, 3 Monticello Road, Weaverville, N.C. 28787 on Tuesday January 7, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. local time. Prospective prime bidders are required to attend.
1. Bidders’ Questions: Architect will provide responses at Pre-bid Meeting to bidders’ questions that are received up to two (2) business days prior to conference and no later than 12:00 P.M. on Friday, January 3, 2020.
A. Procurement and Contracting Documents and Prime Bidder Registration: Obtain after Tuesday, December 10, 2019, by contacting Legerton Architecture, P.A, [email protected], Office phone: 828-251-9125. Documents will be provided to prime bidders only who register for bidding this project with the Architect by completing the following:
1. Notifying the Architect by letter or email of their intent to bid this project and including the name of the main contact person, email address, and phone number.
2. Submitting a deposit of One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) made payable to Legerton Architecture that will be refunded at the end of the bidding process.
3. Only complete sets of documents will be issued.
B. Printed Contracting Documents: With authorization from Legerton Architecture, P.A., printed hard copies will be available to registered prime bidders only at the bidder’s expense through Henco Reprographics, [email protected] , Office phone: 828-253-0449, Address: 54
Broadway, Asheville, NC 28801.
C. Online Procurement and Contracting Documents: Online access will be provided only to registered prime bidders.
D. Viewing Procurement and Contracting Documents: Examine after Tuesday, December 10, 2019, at the locations below:
1. By appointment only at the office of the Public Works Director: Dale Pennell, PE, PLS, Public Works Director, Town of Weaverville; Office Phone: 828-645-0606; Address: 15 Quarry Road, Weaverville, N.C. 28787, Email: [email protected]
2. By appointment only at Legerton Architecture, P.A.: Email: [email protected], Office phone: 828-251-9125, Address: 21 North Liberty Street, Asheville, NC 28801
Download official Advertisement for Bids (.pdf) here:
The November e-Focus is available here: https://conta.cc/36mK16t
Notice of CANCELLATION of Regularly Scheduled Meeting of the Planning and Zoning Board
This notice is to inform the public that the regularly scheduled meeting of Weaverville’s Planning and Zoning Board scheduled for Thursday, November 7, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. within Council Chambers at Town Hall, has been CANCELLED.
The Town of Weaverville will host its annual Christmas Parade on Saturday, December 7, 2019. The parade begins at 1:00pm. All parade entries will line up and sign in at the command post located on the first road on the left off the Dula Springs Road entrance to North Buncombe Middle School at 11:00am. There is no charge for entries and trophies will be awarded to the three best floats. Anyone interested in being in the parade should contact Parade Chairperson, Dottie Sherrill at (828) 645-7579.
NOTICE OF SPECIAL CALLED MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARING
Public Notice is hereby given that the Town of Weaverville Zoning Board of Adjustment will hold a special called meeting in which to hold a Public Hearing, following quasi-judicial procedures, on Monday, October 28, 2019 at 7:00p.m., or at such time as the Board reaches the matter. This meeting will occur within Council Chambers at Town Hall located at 30 South Main Street, Weaverville, NC to consider the following item:
An application for a variance to build upon a nonconforming lot of record with a dimensional nonconformity more than 20 percent below the minimum standards established by the R-1 Zoning District on a property bearing Buncombe County PIN#9742-25-8178, 120 South Main Street, Weaverville, NC.
If you would like additional information or to review the content related to the Public Hearing you may contact Planning Director and Deputy Town Clerk James Eller at 828-484-7002 or [email protected].
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Public Notice is hereby given that the Town of Weaverville Town Council will hold a public hearing on Monday, October 21, 2019 at 7:00p.m. or at such time as Council reaches the matter. This meeting will occur within Council Chambers at Town Hall located at 30 South Main Street, Weaverville, NC to consider the following item:
Proposed Zoning Map Amendment related to a parcel of land known commonly by the parcel identification number 9742-03-2555, unaddressed Merrimon Avenue. The application calls for the rezoning of the aforementioned parcel from I-1 to R-12.
If you would like additional information or to review the content related to the Public Hearing you may contact Planning Director and Deputy Town Clerk James Eller at 828-484-7002 or [email protected]
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
ON REQUEST FOR VOLUNTARY ANNEXATION AND INITIAL ZONING
The public will take notice that the Town Council of the Town of Weaverville, North Carolina, has called a public hearing at 7:00 p.m. on October 21, 2019, in the Council Chambers at Town Hall located at 30 South Main Street, Weaverville, NC, on the questions of annexing a +/- .3 acre tract of land owned by Crest Residential, LLC, located on Monticello Road, into the Town of Weaverville, and providing an initial zoning designation of R-12 on the property should it be annexed. The property to be annexed is described in that deed recorded in Book 5799 at Page 353, Buncombe County Registry, and is also identified as Buncombe County Parcel Number 9733-71-3521.
The property owner initiated a voluntary annexation by filing a petition pursuant to N.C. General Statutes. All interested citizens are invited to attend the meeting and provide input during the public hearing.
If you would like more information concerning the annexation petition and zoning request please contact Jennifer Jackson at [email protected] or by calling 828-645-7116.
Weaverville Deputy Town Clerk
- I-26 will be widened from 4 lanes to 8 from Broadway up to New Stock Rd exit 21.
- I-26 will be widened from 4 lanes to 6 from New Stock to the Weaverville exit 19.