HOW TO SUBMIT GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENTS TO TOWN COUNCIL DURING THE COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY
At Town Council’s regular monthly meetings, citizens are typically provided with an opportunity to make general public comments to Town Council. It is important for the Town’s citizens to continue to have this opportunity despite the COVID-19 public health emergency, but public safety considerations are also important.
Until it is safe for us to gather as a community again, public comments must be submitted in advance of Town Council meetings subject to the following guidance:
- Public comments should be limited to no more than 450 words and no more than one public comment per meeting can be submitted.
- Public comments timely received will be read into the record of the meeting during the general public comment period.
- Public comments can be submitted as follows:
- By emailing to [email protected] at least 6 hours prior to the meeting;
- By putting your written comment in a drop box at Town Hall (located at front entrance and back parking lot) at least 6 hours prior to the meeting;
- By mailing your written comment to (but must be received not later than the mail delivery time on the day of the meeting):
Town of Weaverville
PO Box 338
Weaverville, NC 28787
Attn: Public Comments
- Public comments must observe the normal rules of decorum for public comments during in-person meetings. Public comments containing personal attacks will not be read.
If you have questions or require additional assistance in providing public comments, please contact the Town Clerk, Derek Huninghake, at (828)645-7116 or [email protected] .
Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation as the Town’s elected officials and staff work to continue to provide governmental services to the best of our ability during this time. We all hope to be back together soon!