The Town of Weaverville is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Administrative Assistant. This is a part-time position with potential for full-time in the future. This employee will be responsible for a wide variety of customer service duties, as well as paraprofessional accounting and financial tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists with utility bill collections through cash, credit, and online payments. Helps customers with utility issues and creates work orders as needed. Verifies discrepancies and helps resolve customer billing issues.
- Assists with Accounts Payable, enters vouchers, and issues checks.
- Assists the public with a variety of Town services and information. Answers telephone and greets the public as needed.
- Opens and distributes mail to department. Orders office equipment and other supplies.
- May be cross-trained in Cash Collections, Purchase Orders, Utility Billing, and other financial duties. Fills in for other department staff members as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of standard operating practices involved in office operation and public service.
- Excellent computer skills. Familiarity with accounting software programs preferred.
- Skill in public contact, customer service, and collaborative conflict resolution.
- Attention to detail, organization skills, and time-management a must.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with the general public and other employees.
Education & Experience Required
- Considerable experience in an office environment. Community college degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to Tonya Dozier at [email protected]. Applicants must also complete the Town’s Employment Application available on the Town’s website at http://www.weavervillenc.org.
Starting Pay Range: $20.80 – $23.80 depending on qualifications.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com