Website Town of Weaverville Fire Department
NOTICE: The Town does not currently have full-time Firefighter positions available, but is accepting applications for part-time positions. We are also maintaining files for those who wish to be considered for future full-time Firefighter positions.
Effective July 1, 2022 – Starting wages $41,450 base pay plus guaranteed overtime wages of up to $3,700 (Totals $45,150)
- Effective July 1, 2022 – $2,500 hiring bonus for new, full-time Firefighter and Fire Engineer positions upon successfully completing a 6-month probationary period.
Distribution Schedule: $1,000 upon successful completion of 6-month probationary period. $1,500 upon successful completion of 1-year employment with performance evaluation of meets or exceeds expectations.
- High school diploma or GED
- State drivers license
- NC or IFSAC FF II certification
- NC or national registry EMT
- State retirement plan
- 401K or 457B with up to 6% employer match
- 100% Health insurance for employee; Dependent coverage available
- 100% Dental & vision for employee; Dependent coverage available
- $1,000 HRA for employees / $2,000 for family
- Flexible spending account available for employee contributions
- 100% Group life insurance
- 100% long term disability
- Paid vacation/annual leave accrual based on service time, beginning with 120 hours annually
- Sick leave accruals at 12 hours per month
- 12 paid holidays (12hrs per holiday)
- 100% Workers Compensation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Written Test
- Background Check
- Physical Agility Test
- Drug Screening
Please return applications to:
Town of Weaverville
Attention: Firefighter / EMT Application
Post Office Box 338
Weaverville, North Carolina 28787
All positions/promotions are subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.
The Town of Weaverville is an equal opportunity employer.
Application period open until filled.
Complete an application: