Website Town of Weaverville
The Town of Weaverville is searching for several temporary seasonal laborers within the Recreation and Streets Division of the Public Works Department to assist with various duties. The purpose of this position is to perform as a skilled or unskilled laborer with our Public Works Department crews. All laborer positions can expect to perform a variety of duties including but not limited to grounds and facility maintenance, upkeep, and cleaning.
We are currently hiring for Laborer positions that work on Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm. These positions are temporary/seasonal positions for up to 1000 hours in a year. They will NOT be eligible for benefits, paid leave time (vacation, sick, holiday) nor participation in the retirement system. This position is open until sufficient number of applications is received, beginning on May 3, 2021. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following:
- Operates power an assortment of tools, hand and power, used in landscaping and mowing activities.
- Operates lawn mowers and string trimmers to cut and trim grassed areas; pulls weeds from flower beds and other landscaped areas; Picks up debris and refuses and routine custodial services.
- Loads and unloads material on and off of trucks.
- Provides weather related maintenance.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on equipment and fuels vehicles
- Inspects equipment daily and reports need for repairs and assists in repair work.
- Positions signs, marking cones and flags to identify work areas.
- Provides event support setting up tables, chairs and/or tents.
- Performs other similar duties as required.
Education & Experience
- Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions, to understand simple processes and the routine operation of machines and/or that ability to learn to operate mowers, weed eaters, edgers and other tools used in ground maintenance/landscaping.
- Valid Driver’s License and the ability to operate a City truck/vehicle.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Working Conditions
- Ability and willingness to perform a variety of duties from mowing and landscaping to trash removal and cleaning of facilities/restrooms as needed.
- Capable of working outside in all types of weather for prolonged periods of time and in unpleasant conditions.
- Skilled in providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to stand, walk and bend for long periods of time.
- Suited to working independently and with limited supervision.
- Knowledgeable in the use of basic hand tools and small power tools.
To apply for this job please visit weavervillenc.org.