TOWN OF WEAVERVILLE
The Town of Weaverville proposes to construct a new Community Center building on the former Community Center site, located at 62 Lakeshore Drive above Lake Louise Park. A conceptual plan has been developed for a 6,600 SF building with 1,200 SF of covered porches (see attached drawing). The Town intends to use town funds for the construction of this building. The Town is now seeking professional architectural services for the design, permitting, bidding, construction inspection and contract administration for this project. The Town would like to complete the project by mid-2020.
The Town is requesting qualification packages from interested architectural firms, and each package will be reviewed and rated on a 100 point scale based on a variety of criteria including the following:
- Firm experience on similar public projects (40 points)
- Available personnel by name, title, longevity, and public project experience (10 points)
- Client references, at least 3 with contact information (10 points)
- Familiarity with Weaverville and surrounding area (10 points)
- Description of the firm’s typical design, permitting, bidding, administration and inspection process, including public involvement (30 points)
Proposals shall be limited to 20 pages (not including front or back covers, table of contents, and cover letter). Proposals shall be clearly marked to indicate the project title.
Interested firms should submit three (3) copies of their Statement of Qualifications, in hard copy, by 12:00 pm on Monday, October 1, 2018 to the attention of:
Selena Coffey, Town Manager
Town of Weaverville
30 South Main Street
Weaverville, NC 28787
After review and rating of each proposal, the top three (3) firms will be interviewed by a staff committee and a firm will be selected. Upon approval of the architect selection by Town Council, which is anticipated in mid-October, a professional services agreement will be negotiated.
Download RFQ and schematic here: