The Town of Weaverville (Town) is seeking funding from USDA for a water system improvement project described as the installation of approximately 17,600 LF of 12-inch DIP water lines on Clarks Chapel Road and Ollie Weaver Road, from the intersection of Clarks Chapel Road and Old Mars Hill Highway to an existing water line near the intersection of Ollie Weaver Road and Monticello Road. The Town is seeking USDA funds to finance up to 100% of the total project related expenses. The Town is seeking professional engineering services for two phases of the project: Phase 1 being the preparation of a Preliminary Engineering Report (PER) and Environmental Report (ER) (if required) in according to USDA guidelines to support the USDA application process. Phase I must be completed in a compressed timeline that allows for the complete application package which includes PER and applicable ER within 5 weeks of notification to proceed. If funding is approved, Phase II will consist of final design, approval, bidding, construction inspection and contract administration through the final certification on the project.
Qualifications packages must be submitted in hard copy by 12:00pm on August 15, 2018 to the attention of:
Selena Coffey, Town Manager
PO Box 338
30 South Main Street
Weaverville, NC 28787
Please limit your proposals to 20 pages (not including front or back covers, table of contents and cover letter) and the proposals should be clearly marked to indicate the project title.
Interested firms should submit three (3) copies of their Statement of Qualifications, including:
- Description of engineering services provided on previous projects with comparable scope and complexity.
- Listing of specific personnel who would serve on the firm’s project team with names and titles.
- References from at least three (3) owners for which engineering services were provided on similar projects.
- Familiarity with the project and surrounding area.
- Description of relevant experience with the water system improvement projects and USDA-funded projects.
- Discussion of team availability.
- Proposed project timeline.
Awards will be made to the responsible and qualified firm whose qualifications are aligned with the Town’s project and strategic objectives and adherence with the anticipated project timeline. The Town reserves the right to accept a firm that is most advantageous to the Town.
Information concerning the project or the proposal package, should be requested in writing through an email request to Town Manager Selena Coffey at [email protected]
Publication Date: August 7, 2018