Please click here: Town Council Agendas and Minutes
The Town of Weaverville Planning and Zoning Board meets the first Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the Weaverville Town Hall at 30 South Main Street.
The Town’s fee schedule is adopted annually with the budget ordinance and may be updated by Town Council anytime throughout the year. You can view the Town’s Fee Schedule here.
What is recyclable?
- Metal cans
- All plastic bottles, jugs, and containers #1-7 (including yogurt & margarine containers)
- Glass bottles & jars (green, brown, clear)
- Corrugated cardboard (please flatten)
- Newspaper and inserts
- Mixed paper (brown paper grocery bags, catalogs, cereal boxes, construction paper, paper egg cartons, envelopes, glossy paper, junk mail, magazines, office paper, paper back books, phone books, post-it-notes, soda or beer cartons, toilet & paper towel rolls)
Note: Please empty and rinse all plastic, metal, and glass containters before recycling.
What is NOT recyclable?
Plastic: Plastic lids, straws, single use cups, six-pack rings, to-go containers, plastic eating utensils, pouches, loose plastic caps, plastic wrap, Styrofoam, bubble wrap, grocery bags, tubes (toothpaste), pumps from spray bottles.
Metal: Scrap/mixed metals, ladders, pots, hangers, dirty aluminum foil, aerosol cans.
Glass: Mirrors, windows, glassware, ceramics.
Paper: Small paper pieces, sugar or sweetener packs, shredded paper, greasy pizza boxes, single use cups, napkins, paper towels, receipts.
Tanglers: Cords, hoses, rubber kitchen gloves, wires.
Miscellaneous: Textiles (clothing), food waste, hazardous materials, paint, electronics, medical waste.
- Remove caps and rinse all containers. You may flatten containers to save space in your blue bags. Flatten or collapse all of your cardboard. Stack your newspaper.
- Place recyclables in blue bags, which may be purchased from most grocery stores. Do not place cardboard and newspapers in blue bags. You do not need to separate the other materials placed in your blue Bags. Incorrect or improperly prepared materials will not be collected.
- Set your blue bags by the street curb by 8:00am on your collection day or no earlier than the night before your scheduled collection day. A maximum of four (4) bags per household will be collected per week. If you have more, you may wish to wait till the next week or take the material to the recycling center at the Buncombe County landfill.
- Place your newspaper and your flattened cardboard on the ground secured beneath your blue bags.
The Town of Weaverville collects trash once per week. The Town is divided into three collection areas. Collection begins on Monday and ends on Wednesday. Call the Public Works Department (828) 645-0606 with your street address to determine your schedule.
Please see below for more information regarding the annual holiday garbage collection.
New Years Day: Tuesday, January 1, 2019 route will be collected Thursday, January 3, 2019
Martin Luther King Day: Monday, January 21, 2019 route will be collected on Thursday, January 24, 2019
Memorial Day: Monday, May 27, 2019 route will be collected on Thursday, May 30, 2019
Labor Day: Monday, September 2, 2019 route will be collected on Thursday, September 5, 2019
Veterans Day: Monday, November 11, 2019 route will be collected on Thursday, November 14, 2019
Christmas – Tuesday, December 25, 2019 and Wednesday, December 26, 2019 route will be collected on Friday, December 27, 2019
No, you will need to go to the Buncombe County Detention facility for this service.