Recyclables will be collected every week on your regular scheduled trash day by Curbside Management, Inc. The recycling services are paid for, in part, by a charge on your monthly water bill. If you have questions or concerns with Curbside Management, please call them directly at (828) 252-2532.
What is recyclable?
- Metal cans
- All plastic bottles, jugs, and containers #1-7 (including yogurt & margarine containers)
- Glass bottles & jars (green, brown, clear)
- Corrugated cardboard (please flatten)
- Newspaper and inserts
- Mixed paper (brown paper grocery bags, catalogs, cereal boxes, construction paper, paper egg cartons, envelopes, glossy paper, junk mail, magazines, office paper, paper back books, phone books, post-it-notes, soda or beer cartons, toilet & paper towel rolls)
Note: Please empty and rinse all plastic, metal, and glass containters before recycling.
What is NOT recyclable?
Plastic: Plastic lids, straws, single use cups, six-pack rings, to-go containers, plastic eating utensils, pouches, loose plastic caps, plastic wrap, Styrofoam, bubble wrap, grocery bags, tubes (toothpaste), pumps from spray bottles.
Metal: Scrap/mixed metals, ladders, pots, hangers, dirty aluminum foil, aerosol cans.
Glass: Mirrors, windows, glassware, ceramics.
Paper: Small paper pieces, sugar or sweetener packs, shredded paper, greasy pizza boxes, single use cups, napkins, paper towels, receipts.
Tanglers: Cords, hoses, rubber kitchen gloves, wires.
Miscellaneous: Textiles (clothing), food waste, hazardous materials, paint, electronics, medical waste.
- Remove caps and rinse all containers. You may flatten containers to save space in your blue bags. Flatten or collapse all of your cardboard. Stack your newspaper.
- Place recyclables in blue bags, which may be purchased from most grocery stores. Do not place cardboard and newspapers in blue bags. You do not need to separate the other materials placed in your blue Bags. Incorrect or improperly prepared materials will not be collected.
- Set your blue bags by the street curb by 8:00am on your collection day or no earlier than the night before your scheduled collection day. A maximum of four (4) bags per household will be collected per week. If you have more, you may wish to wait till the next week or take the material to the recycling center at the Buncombe County landfill.
- Place your newspaper and your flattened cardboard on the ground secured beneath your blue bags.
The Town of Weaverville collects trash once per week. The Town is divided into three collection areas. Collection begins on Monday and ends on Wednesday. Call the Public Works Department (828) 645-0606 with your street address to determine your schedule.
Please see below for more information regarding the annual holiday garbage collection.
New Years Day: Tuesday, January 1, 2019 route will be collected Thursday, January 3, 2019
Martin Luther King Day: Monday, January 21, 2019 route will be collected on Thursday, January 24, 2019
Memorial Day: Monday, May 27, 2019 route will be collected on Thursday, May 30, 2019
Labor Day: Monday, September 2, 2019 route will be collected on Thursday, September 5, 2019
Veterans Day: Monday, November 11, 2019 route will be collected on Thursday, November 14, 2019
Christmas – Tuesday, December 25, 2019 and Wednesday, December 26, 2019 route will be collected on Friday, December 27, 2019
If you are a Weaverville water system customer and you are experiencing water problems (including reporting a smell, taste or similar issue), please contact Kara Shea at Public Works by calling (828) 645-0606. You may also call this number after hours and follow the instructions to page the person on call.
The Town collects garbage at residences once per week. You are limited to 6 bags or 6 cans per week. Bags must not weigh more than 25 pounds each and cans are limited to 32 gallon capacity and 50 pound weight. If you live in an area where animals could get into your trash, bags are prohibited. The cans must have tight fitting lids in order to reduce insect and animal problems. Bags or cans must be placed at curbside by 8:00am on your collection day. Please do not put trash out earlier than the night before collection and remove your trash containers from the curb promptly after collection.
In the event that your trash collection day falls on a holiday, trash will be collected on the following Thursday unless Thursday is also a holiday, in which case trash will be collected on the following Friday. Please see the following holiday waste collection schedule:
New Years Day: Monday, January 1, 2018 route will be collected Thrusday, January 4, 2018.
Martin Luther King Day: Monday, January 15, 2018 route will be collected on Thursday, January 18, 2018.
Memorial Day: Monday, May 28, 2018 route will be collected on Thursday, May 31, 2018.
Independence Day: Wednesday, July, 2018 route will be collected on Thursday, July 5, 2018.
Labor Day – Monday, September 3, 2018 route will be collected on Thursday, September 6, 2018.
Christmas – Monday, December 24, 2018 route will be collected on Thursday, December 27, 2018; Tuesday, December 25, 2018 route will be collected on Friday, December 28, 2018.
Like households, businesses are limited to 6 cans or bags of trash per week. If your business generates more than this amount, you must contract with a private hauler for your garbage service.
In the event that your trash cannot be collected due to snow or ice, Monday’s and Tuesday’s trash will be collected on the following Thursday (weather permitting) and Wednesday’ trash will be collected on the following Friday (weather permitting). If the weather prohibits collection on Thursday or Friday, trash will be collected on the regular schedule the following week.