Website Weaverville Fire Department
Effective July 1, 2022: Starting wages of $43,998 base pay plus guaranteed overtime wages of up to $3,927 (Totals $47,926).
- Effective July 1, 2022 – $2,500 hiring bonus for new, full-time Firefighter and Fire Engineer positions upon successfully completing a 6-month probationary period.
Distribution Schedule: $1,000 upon successful completion of 6-month probationary period. $1,500 upon successful completion of 1-year employment with performance evaluation of meets or exceeds expectations.
- Graduation from a high school or GED equivalent
- North Carolina State Driver’s License (Class B)
- North Carolina FF-II
- North Carolina Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Driver Operator Pumps and Aerials
- Wildland Firefighter
- Technical Rescuer
- NIMS requirements per position
- State retirement plan
- 401K or 457B with 6% employer match
- 100% Health insurance for employee; Dependent coverage available
- 100% Dental & vision for employee; Dependent coverage available
- $1,000 HRA for employees / $2,000 for family
- Flexible spending account available for employee contributions
- 100% Group life insurance
- Paid vacation/annual leave accrual based on service time, beginning with 10 days annually
- Sick leave accruals at 1 workday per month
- 12 paid holidays (12hrs per holiday)
- 100% Workers Compensation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Written Test
- Criminal Background Check
- Physical Agility Test
- Drug Screening
Please return applications to:
Town of Weaverville
Attention: Fire Engineer / EMT Application
Post Office Box 338
Weaverville, North Carolina 28787
All positions/promotions are subject to pre-employment and random drug testing. Applications available online at www.weavervillenc.org.
The Town of Weaverville is an equal opportunity employer. Application period open until filled.