Website Weaverville Public Works - Parks Division
The Town of Weaverville is now accepting applications for Summer Seasonal Workers in the Public Works Department. Seasonal employees provide general assistance to various maintenance crews during the summer months.
COMPENSATION: $16.00 per hour
HOURS AND SCHEDULE:
8 hour shift, 40 hours per week
Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
(may include some overtime)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in maintenance operations at town facilities, parks, streets and cul-de-sacs including weed removal, string line trimming, debris pickup, etc.
- Assists Grounds Maintenance crews with related activities, including tree trimming and tree removal, branch chipping, stump removal, site restoration and watering.
- Assists Street crews with related activities, including sign fabrication, sign posting, pothole patching, street repairs and sidewalk maintenance.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks and assignments, including painting, blacktop sealing, fence staining, floor sweeping, window cleaning, water meter installations, and site maintenance activities.
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 lbs on a frequent basis, 50 – 100 lbs on an occasional basis.
- Ability to operate equipment, such as a powered string line trimmer, branch chipper, chain saw, hand saw, pole saw, ladders, pick, pruners, brooms, painting equipment etc.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently and with other employees, crew leaders and supervisors.
- Steel-toe safety shoes are required (not provided by employer); all other safety equipment is provided by the town.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
All employees must be at least 18 years of age. High school diploma or general education degree required. Valid Driver’s License Required. All positions require a pre-employment town-paid background investigation and drug screening.
For more information, contact: